Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Take It Easy! It's Taken Care Of.

Photo by: Ambro

Do you ever get anxious?

Do you sometimes have a hard time resting in the Lord and in what He’s doing in your life?

Is it easy to get caught up in the little details and miss the whole picture?

You’re not alone.

Look at these Scriptures. They were written for you . . . and me . . . and every believer on the face of the earth.
  • And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28).
  • If God be for us, who can be against us? (Romans 8:31b)
  • Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God (Romans 8:37-39).

Those verses are from only one chapter!

How about these?
  • The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee (Jeremiah 31:3).
  • Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls (Matthew 11:28-29).
  • If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? (Matthew 7:11; also in Luke 11:13)
  • I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly (John 10:10b).

What is God doing in your life? If you are His child through faith in Jesus, His Holy Spirit is at work in you. He only wants the best for you, and He has a plan for your life. God wants you to have an abundant life, one that is resting in His daily care, one that knows He’s paying attention to you and caring for your cares. He even numbers the hair on your head! (Matthew 10:30; Luke12:7)

Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered (Psalm 40:5).

How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! (Psalm 139:17)

With God as our support system, we have all we need! We have:
  • Salvation (Acts 4:12)
  • Security (2 Timothy 1:12)
  • Provision (Philippians 4:19)
  • Guidance (Psalm 32:8)
  • Peace (Philippians 4:7)
  • Wisdom (James 1:5)
  • Joy (John 15:11)
  • Love (Jeremiah 31:3)
  • Victory (1 Corinthians 15:57)

What do you need today?

Trust the Lord. God is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think (from Ephesians 3:20).
  

2 comments:

  1. A passage that has been a comfort to me is from Lamentations 3:

    32 But though he cause grief, yet will he have compassion according to the multitude of his mercies.

    33 For he doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men.

    We can be dismayed when God does seem to let or even ordain bad things, and that can cause anxiety in other situations ("Since God let this happen, He might let that happen, or might not answer my prayer in the way I want." But this reassures me of His comfort and that His heart towards me is tender and loving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful verses, Barbara! Thank you for sharing them. God bless you and the family.

      Delete

Please share your thoughts.