Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

24/7 Surveillance

Photo by; imagerymajestic

I was on a walk with my children in a little village. I felt like someone was watching us. We looked around. Lo and behold, a man in a house not close to the road was looking straight at us through binoculars!

There’s a lady who lives across from our church. She pretty much keeps tabs on us from her window.

Today, most cities have closed-circuit cameras, other cameras monitoring highways, and cameras in stores. (Have you ever stopped in a public place and looked around? Smile!)

There’s a good chance someone is watching as you shop for groceries, pick Junior up from school, walk down the street with your girlfriend, park your car, and visit a relative in the hospital.

We’re getting used to it.

Some people couldn’t care less. Others grasp signs and protest the lack of privacy. Edward Snowden made himself famous by exposing surveillance.

We’re being watched . . . all the time.

God sees us, wherever we are:
  • And she (Hagar) called the name of the LORD that spake unto her, Thou God seest me: for she said, Have I also here looked after him that seeth me? (Genesis 16:13)
  • The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry (Psalm 34:15; 1 Peter 3:12).
  • Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee. For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb . . . How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee (Psalm 139:7-13, 17-18).

God knows our thoughts and understands our hearts:
  • I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee (Job 42:2).
  • Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee (Psalm 38:9).
  • But, O LORD of hosts, that triest the righteous, and seest the reins and the heart. . . . (Jeremiah 20:12a).

God sees and evaluates our actions:
  • O God, thou knowest my foolishness; and my sins are not hid from thee (Psalm 69:5).
  • For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD, and he pondereth all his goings (Proverbs 5:21).
  • The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good (Proverbs 15:3).
  • Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do (Hebrews 4:13).

And so, we’re accountable to the One Who has all authority, our Great God.
  • Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting (Psalm 139:23-24).
  • Who can understand his errors? Cleanse thou me from secret faults (Psalm 19:12).
  • If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).

God watches over us, because He cares for us:
  • The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them (Psalm 34:7).
  • But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows. . . . And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom (Luke 12:7, 29-32).

God wants to bless us:

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
(Numbers 6:24-26)

24/7 Surveillance? Yes!

What a blessing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts.