Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

My Happy Blogaversary!

Illustration by: Stuart Miles

Today marks three years of “In the Way.”

You will have noticed the wonderful new format, thanks to my friend Tori. It’s cleaner and more user-friendly. I love it! Thank you, Tori!

My third “blogaversary” is a great time to share with you why I chose the title, “In the Way.” As I read the Bible, I often find expressions of how Christians should walk in God’s way or in His paths. “In the Way” speaks of my desire to be doing what pleases the Lord. Here are a few of the many verses that inspired me:
  • Therefore thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to fear him (Deuteronomy 8:6).
  • I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye (Psalm 32:8).
  • Righteousness shall go before him; and shall set us in the way of his steps (Psalm 85:13).
  • Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways (Psalm 128:1).
  • And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting (Psalm 139:24).
  • Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding (Proverbs 9:6).
  • Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it (Proverbs 22:6).
  • Hear thou, my son, and be wise, and guide thine heart in the way (Proverbs 23:19).
  • And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way (Mark 10:52).


“In the Way” also speaks of a journey. Each person travels on his own path. The best way to walk, of course, is to let God lead.
  • Yet thou in thy manifold mercies forsookest them not in the wilderness: the pillar of the cloud departed not from them by day, to lead them in the way; neither the pillar of fire by night, to shew them light, and the way wherein they should go (Nehemiah 9:19).
  • Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path (Psalm 119:105).
  • Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths (Proverbs 3:5-6). 


My own life journey has taken me places I never expected. Who would ever have guessed that a simple girl from the backside of nowhere would end up spending over thirty years of her life in the “Basque Country” of northern Spain? It wasn’t on my radar, yet, when the time came, this life choice was accompanied by Divine peace. All along the way, the Lord confirmed to my husband and me that it was His will for us to continue in the ministry here.

As in any life, there were many unexpected twists and turns. I’ve had very deep hurts and wonderful triumphs. I have seen opportunities for a gospel witness that seemingly opened up out of nowhere. There were griefs, fears, harassment, disappointments, and sickness. Along with the bad stuff, God is my constant and my joy. His blessings are new every morning, because He is faithful (Lamentations 3:22-23). The Lord has supplied my every need. My Bible speaks Truth to my soul. God is always there to comfort, to give wisdom, and to help me through the valleys. Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice (Philippians 4:4).

“In the Way” is a vehicle for me to share my life with you. It’s not the kind of blog that shares what I had for dinner and pictures of my grandkids in their pajamas—at least, not usually. Its purpose is to share insights from biblical truths, my own reading, and my personal impressions and reactions to the world around us. I want to encourage you in your daily Christian life.

Thank you, Reader, for walking “In the Way” with me.

I would love to hear from you.
  1. What kinds of posts do you like best?
  2. What would you like to see more of?
  3. Do you like the new format? Please feel free to comment.


God bless!
  

2 comments:

  1. Happy blogiversary! I do like the new format - very neat and clean. I'd be interested to hear more about what life in Spain is like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barbara. Hmmm . . . life in Spain . . . . We'll see what we can do!

      Delete

Please share your thoughts.