Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, June 19, 2015

All White Living

Photo courtesy of photostock, Free Digital Photos

I love Pinterest! I find all kinds of ideas, recipes, and I explore my interests in many areas. I love architecture and home décor. As a result, I’ve got boards titled: architecture, bathroom decoration ideas, bedroom décor, gardening, home decoration, home decoration details, kitchen ideas, windows, and more.

I see many different kinds of homes, all with this same characteristic: white on white on white. White walls, white bed linens, white floors, white rugs, white sofas, white chairs, white kitchens, white sinks, white dining room chairs. Everything is white!

Now, I like white. I like the beautiful pictures. I like the whole concept of clean and white. I especially like white in varied textures, like lace and linen and tulle and fuzzy sheepskins.

We used to have a white tile floor in our bathroom. It showed every single hair and every piece of lint. It actually looked pretty for about five minutes after I mopped it. (Notice, we used to have a white tile floor. It’s now a beige-brown, and it stays pretty longer than five minutes.)

Every time I see an all-white dining room I think: they never eat spaghetti. Every time I see pristine white-painted kitchen floors, I think: she doesn’t really cook in there; she eats out. When I see white sofa, floors, and chairs, I am positive that family has no dogs, cats, or kids. This person probably doesn’t actually sit in there, either!

My house looks lived in, because it is. Our teen boy came in, covered head to toe with mud after mountain biking with his friends. My husband gardens and takes his boots off at the front door. Our grandsons have played on the floors, buffing them as they crawl. If a piece of food accidentally falls to the floor, no problem—we wipe it up. (The floor is mottled brown, by the way.)

I cook most of our meals at home. We had a wonderful dog. We had children. We live in our home and—gasp—sometimes eat supper while sitting on the couch (which isn’t white, as you might have guessed). We enjoy visitors and grandkids and living in the country.

And yes, we eat spaghetti.

This is here and now. 

___________________________________________


But someday, we’ll be surrounded by Pinterest-looking white. (There’s no sin, dirt, or tomato sauce in heaven!) 

Just for fun, let’s look at all the white:
  • Jesus washes sins white as snow with His blood. (Isaiah 1:18; Revelation 7:14)
  • God the Father is clothed in white and has white hair. (Daniel 7:9)
  • Angels wear pure white clothing. (Matthew 28:3; Mark 16:5; John 20:12; Acts 1:10; Revelation 15:6)
  • Jesus Christ wears white, so white that no fuller on earth can white them (Mark 9:3). Also in Luke 9:29; Revelation 1:14; 3:4; 6:2.
  • Believers wear white. (Revelation 3:4-5, 18; 6:11; 7:9, 13-14; 19:8, 14)
  • The twenty-four elders around the throne of God are clothed in white. (Revelation 4:4)
  • The throne itself is white. (Revelation 20:11)
  • There’s a white stone with a new name written in it. (Revelation 2:17)
  • There’s a white cloud, and Jesus sits on it. (Revelation 14:14)
  • Jesus rides a white horse. (Revelation 19:11)


All the white goes with:
  • Light. And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof (Revelation 21:23).
  • Pearl gates, each made of a single pearl (Revelation 21:21)
  • Streets of gold, so pure that they’re transparent like glass (Revelation 21:21)
  • A river, as clear as crystal (Revelation 22:1)
  • The tree of life (Revelation 22:2)

Beautiful, don’t you think? Better by far than Pinterest perfect.

Someday, we’ll all live in spotless, gleaming white! 

(Until then, if you like, look me up and follow me on Pinterest.)
  

2 comments:

  1. I often joke that I can't wear white til I get to heaven, because no way would anything I wear stay white for any length of time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's hilarious! I totally agree. Thank you, Barbara for making me chuckle. God bless!

      Delete

Please share your thoughts.